Friday, July 24, 2009

PlayStation emulators! (aka Nostalgic Fun)

Yep, I downloaded an emulation program to play PS games on my comp. Well, my cousin's comp, actually. Think it was because I was playing MGS3: Subsistence, which had ports for the original MSX Metal Gear games (Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake). That made me interested in trying out the first Metal Gear Solid game, which was for the PSX. Which I don't have anymore. So I googled emulators and related info.

Found one, ePSXe, pretty decent, needed to set things up first though, which was a handful. Isn't it troublesome playing PS games with the keyboard, you might wonder. Well, fortunately, I have a PS3, and the wireless controller comes with a USB cable to charge its batteries, so I thought I'd google again and see if I can use it on emulators. Turns out I can. :D

So lately I've been playing old games that I liked and remembered, like Spyro, MegaMan Legends, Harvest Moon, and obviously Metal Gear Solid.

It's been really fun, not to mention nostalgic, playing these games. It makes me realize that it's really the original games that were so easy to get hooked on. Compared to current games, they're relatively short to play, and obviously have inferior graphics, but the games are really engaging, and fun to play. It's kind of hard to find games like those nowadays, games that really get you hooked to the characters, the story, while at the same time being fun to play.

Well, anyway, if any of you are interested (and your computer or laptop is up for it), go ahead and give it a go. You might find a better emulator out there too, if you want. :D

-Zet

1 comment:

  1. egh, curang lu ada wireless gt!! imagine me, playing dino crisis 1 and 2 with keyboard... @.@ wow, i must be really good coz i finished them anyway!! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete