Monday, July 27, 2009

Poem: The Backward-Looking Window

Yep, just for the sake of posting, I decided to give you a poem. Just made it, it's been at the back of my head for some time now, though. Don't be too harsh, I haven't done poetry in quite some time.
Oh, and please leave comments on its deviantART page. Don't have an account? Sign up, it's free. (promotion much? XD)


The Backward-Looking Window

Through the Backward-Looking Window I
look with eyes shut tight I
see images clear, distorted

From without I see outside
From within I see inside
Through the Backward-Looking Window

With legs locked still I
move, with eyes unopened I
peer the Backward-Looking Window

Through lidded eyes I see
people, objects
Time, forgotten.

With arms unmoving
I reach,
I grasp

The Window shatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment