Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Mind is A Powerful Thing (aka Nightmares and Dreamscapes, not by Stephen King)

And it really is. Something I've known for quite a while, but keep finding out in new ways.

"It's all in your head": Let's face it, people. Your brain controls everything. That means what's in your head will most likely affect the rest of your body. What you think affects how you feel (and I'm talking physically, not emotionally) and, obviously, act. Don't believe me? Here's something that happened to me once, back when I was still in 5th grade-ish.

My dad had scheduled me for a routine medical checkup, which included immunization shots. I've never been afraid of needles before. Heck, my mom even told me once that I laughed during one trip to the doctor (though I have no recollection of this at all). But for some reason, I started telling myself (and everyone else) oh no, not the needles again. Come to think of it now, I have no idea why I did that. That was like a month or two before getting the actual shot. Guess what? Come the actual shot, I actually was afraid, and did what every kid afraid of needles does: shut my eyes, clenched my fist and jaw, and started muttering. Much to the amusement of my father, if memory serves.

Guess that "mind over matter" thing really does have some truth in it.

Here's another thing I recently discovered/experienced: how you think and feel (this time I mean emotionally) affects your sleep. I'm guessing most or at least some people have experienced this as a child, and may even still experience it now; sweet dreams after a particularly good day, nightmares after watching a horror movie. Apparently your mood really carries on into your dreams.

Don't have much to say there, though. Haven't actually thought it through. XD

Here's the quote of the day: "If a relationship feels like too much work after the first month, it'll be 10 times harder after a year." - Unknown
This one especially goes to all you girls out there, because guys mostly don't "work on" relationships, do they? (myself included)

Until next time,
-Zet

No comments:

Post a Comment