Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Things You Do for Love (aka I'm Back Home Again)

Well, I'm back home again, after another short stay at the hospital. Honestly, a few more years and I'll be familiar with the staff.

Anyway, here's something that crossed my mind once: you always want to do something for the person you love. Be it out of love itself, or fear of losing that love, it's like you're compelled to do something. You know something's wrong in a relationship when one or both sides aren't feeling compelled to do anything.

I've let this thought sit for a while in my mind, so it's kinda hard to put forward clearly.

The reason that this crossed my mind in the first place is because of this friend of mine. She was talking to me about one of her exes once, and told me how he never really did anything for her. Sure, he gave her gifts for her birthday and the usual holidays, but aside from that, he didn't really do anything to show her how he felt. Never told her or actually really showed her if she really meant anything to him at all. Needless to say, the relationship ended shortly afterward.

What I can't understand is why something like that could happen. Quite frankly I was baffled. But then I thought "why is it baffling?", and that's when it came to me: People do things for the ones they love. There's something wrong when you don't feel that pull to do something.

I can't claim to know why that is, but I know for sure that it is. It's been that way in every relationship, hasn't it? From the start, when you do things to impress them, to the very end where you do things to keep them happy.

You know what, I've got this weird headache, maybe because I haven't used my head in a while, and it's preventing me from writing a half-decent post. Keep an eye out for more posts on this subject. Next one might be more coherent. XD

-Zet

No comments:

Post a Comment